5 Reasons to Text Adult Learners
If there’s something we all know by now, it’s that institutions need to be texting high school and college students. But what about texting students over the age of 30? After reading these stats, you’ll be convinced that texting works for adult learners just as well as it does for traditional student populations.
1. People aged 45-64 are the fastest growing demographic on the mobile frontier. (Nielsen)
2. In the 50-64 age range, 88% own a cell phone. In the 65+ age range, 74% own a cell phone. Out of all cell phone users, 81% use their phone to text message. (Pew Internet)
3. Sixty percent of over-45-year-olds say that they are just as likely to use texting as voice calling. (Mobile Marketer)
4. Sixty-six percent of Baby Boomers send text messages. (Forbes)
5. People aged 55-64 send and receive an average of 80 text messages per month, and those 65+ average 32 text messages per month. (Baby Boomers)
As texting becomes increasingly popular and preferred by adults, it certainly highlights how texting them can close communication gaps with this demographic. Whether it’s adult learners or parents of students, they’ll be just as receptive and much more responsive when you’re reaching out to them in a way that’s not intrusive (like phone calls) or inundating (like emails).
Ready to learn more?
Request a demo to speak one-on-one with a Signal Vine team member.