MMS opens up a whole new world of communication. Here are 5 ways to use MMS for better communication with your students:
1. INTRODUCE YOURSELF WITH A PICTURE.
- Personalize your messages by introducing yourself to your students with a smiling picture!
- This shows students that you’re human. No more “prove you’re not a robot” texts
- This is especially effective for admission counselors.
2. HAVE STUDENTS SEND YOU A PICTURE OF THEIR FINANCIAL AID AWARD LETTER.
- Applying for financial aid and the FAFSA is confusing.
- Asking students to snap a picture of their award letter or their parents’ tax returns is an easy way for financial aid advisors to get more info.
- It’s a quick and easy way to provide the help they need.
3. A PICTURE (OR PDF) IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
- Beat 160 character limits for SMS by using MMS to send a helpful PDF or picture to students.
- Checklists and to-do lists are helpful. You can send through a link or MMS.
- Bonus: track clicks on your PDF!
4. STUDENTS LOVE GIFS. AND THEY’LL LOVE YOU, TOO.
- Students communicate with each other through emojis and GIFs.
- By using MMS in the same way, you’re showing that you’re willing to communicate in the way that they use most.
5. SEND A VIDEO TO GET STUDENTS EXCITED FOR THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR.
- Combat summer melt with a fun video that reminds students why they love your school.
- Highlight student experience activities they can participate in over the next few weeks.
Shameless hype video for my alma mater (and the greatest moment in NCAA basketball history).
Use your newfound knowledge about MMS to spice up your student communication. What other ideas do you have for using MMS for your program?
P.S. Don’t worry about unwanted picture messages from students. Your Signal Vine administrators can hide or delete images on the platform to keep you safe.